Monday, June 29, 2009

21 Days...


For 21 days I knew I was pregnant. 3 positive tests and no reason to doubt. We had been trying and really wanted to add another little Chapman to the mix. My body was changing and I loved it!

Last week my body changed again. Not in any way that a pregnant woman looks forward to. I started to bleed. At first it was light and it had happened before with the first. I went to bed hoping that all would be well in the morning. I hardly slept...

In the early morning I woke and it was worse. Painful. I sobbed. I called the Dr. and was able to get an appointment that morning. Mark and I went to confirm the fears. An almost empty uterus. The ultrasound showed 5 weeks of growth, but I was almost 11 weeks along.

I had miscarried.

How could I tell Bexley and Madison that their wait for a brother or sister would be a little longer. We had all been waiting and hoping for a long time. It wasn't our time, but the Lord's time.

Not in our control. Someone else knows better. I believe!! Faith has made all the difference. I know that we will be blessed with a little one soon. We needn't worry. It is hard now, but it gets better.

I want to share an amazing essay written by the AMAZING cjane. It has given much comfort and strength. The Hourglass Theory... Thanks for your thought!

All is well and I know that everyday will be a little better. Thank goodness for the gospel!

5 comments:

Kemi said...

Oh, Adriane, I'm so sorry!

I miscarried my first pregnancy, and it was devastating.

Take it easy, and take all the time you need to grieve. If you ever need a shoulder, please call me.
(801) 562-2587

*hugs!*

Paul*Cat*Hallie*Ty said...

I am so sad for you and your family! I love you so much and know your strength and faith will help you make it through this difficult time. My prayers are with you. Please let me know if you need anything!

lindsey hill said...

aren't you glad we have the gospel. It is so comforting. hang in there, our prayers are with you, please call if you need anything.
Lindsey

Nikki Nelson said...

Oh, Adriane,

I'm so, so sorry. I can't imagine how hard that must be for you. I've feared the same thing every time I've been pregnant. I know you'll feel comforted by the spirit. But if you ever just want to talk, you know I'm here. It's been a while since we've talked on the phone. So I'll leave my # in case you don't have it anymore.
Much love, and my prayers are with you and your family.
~NN
cell #- (415)250-9188

Bonnie and Jim said...

I'm sure sorry to hear of your loss. I have a few sisters who have miscarried and I know how hard it was for them. It is in God's hands. God bless you.