Thursday, September 25, 2008

Have you been in a Hot Air Balloon???

This is the picture on the cover of the Davis County Clipper!!


A view from inside the basket

the view from the top...we only went 40 ft in the air...


The pilot and me

Okay...so the balloon was tethered, but I got in a basket and went 40 feet into the air above Meadowbrook Elementary School as part of the assembly about balloons.

I am the PTA president and the pilot insisted I get a ride. The principal, Mrs. Fillmore, called me the morning of and said get over to the school. How could I say no and not do it in front of the whole student body.

I am actually terrified of heights...I won't let anyone I am with get near the windows in a tall building. I never look out the window when I fly. But I was brave and it was a big deal for me.

Because I was willing to do this I got my picture on the front page of the Davis County Clipper with Mrs. Fillmore. I am a celebrity in Bountiful :) Not really, but it was cool to buy the paper and tell the gal behind the counter that the picture was of me!

Needless to say, turning 31 has made me appreciate life a little more and be thankful for the little things I do.

No comments: