Saturday, November 22, 2008

I've been to the Dark Side of the Moon...

Last night, Mark and I, finally went on a much needed date. We invited our fabulous friends, Erin and Ryan, and tripped out at 2 Laser Pink Floyd shows. They were awesome!! So glad for the time away from it all.

A fun story about going to the Planetarium for Laser Floyd...

June 1998...My good, good friend Mark and I decided to make a trip up to SLC to catch the midnight showing of Laser Floyd. We had been hanging out for the last 6 months as the "goodest" of friends. Later I will call this our 1st official date.

Anyhow, we got to Salt Lake early and stopped by Mark's folks house. First meeting. I was a lot nervous. Bill and Judy...Mom was already in bed and Dad was happy to keep us company and chat awhile. Even offered to let us watch some of the National Geographic videos. He was awesome! But we had to head out to catch the show.

Waiting in line... couldn't wait to get into the theater with Mark. Man I loved him! Once inside we chose our seats and settled in. After about a minute, I proceeded to place my hand on Mark's and do the interlocking finger hand hold. This was SERIOUS!

Well the rest they say is history... We did have our 1st kiss that night, but that'll be another story.

3 comments:

~j. said...

I'm glad you got to go have a fun date. I'd love to hear the rest of your love story...

Odd Ottley's said...

that was ALOT of fun! thanks for letting us tag along on your romantic date! -ottley's

Nikki Nelson said...

That's a cute little story... I remember hearing it before, but it was nice to hear it again.