Saturday, November 1, 2008

Like black holes in the sky...


First of all, this may seem silly, but I wanted to make note of the LOVE I have for David Gilmour (mostly of Pink Floyd fame) and the song "Shine on You Crazy Diamond". Of course, it should be noted that I do feel the kind of love that, come what may I will always love you for Mark. I could not be more in love with Mark at this very moment. Although when I get home from work and see that he has been playing and hanging out with our sweet Maddie and that he is excited to go today and take family pictures, I will love him a little more. It is amazing and always happens.

Okay, back to the other love...This morning as I drove to work I listened to the version of SOYCD from the Live at Gdansk album. It is a concert Gilmour did in 2006. I have loved Pink Floyd and especially the Wish You Were Here album since I was less than a decade old. My parents were quite the music lovers...
Anyhow, as I let myself get lost this morning in the song, I cried. It is the most beautiful time I think David has ever sang it. I thought about being young and feeling something unexplainable in the music. It reminds me of finding Mark and discovering that we both had a fondness for the Floyd and it wasn't something that I liked just so he'd like me and we would have something in common. One night while Mark and I were hanging out in our 'just friends' stage, one of us suddenly blurted out "like black holes in the sky", which is exactly what the other had been thinking. It was funny and some how profound.
Today I thought about the unconditional love I feel for Mark and how grateful I am to be a part of his life and to have him as a part of mine. Thank you David Gilmour and Roger Waters for caring enough about your good friend, Syd Barrett, to write about what it may have been like for him to be who he was. I am forever in love and will shine on...

1 comment:

Stecky said...

Cute blog! I am going to put a link to you on mine so I can jump here fast. I am beckysbriefs.blogspot.com